Time management is an invaluable skill necessary to live a quality life. In our current society, people are constantly struggling to attend to their duties and responsibilities and find time for leisure, family and self. In order to handle the demands of life without going crazy, one should learn the ability of management. However, what is time management?
Before going into the six essential elements that comprise the time management definition, it is important to know how this skill influences an individual’s overall quality of life. Time is one of the skills that an individual has to learn to be productive. A person’s productivity is measured on how much he can do and achieve at a given period. Personal productivity is one of the vital elements of life management. If one can master life management, one can live life to its fullest.
Now that the relationship of time management, personal productivity and life management is made clear, it is time to move on to the six essential elements of the management definition.
- Managing Goals: Goals are important in a person’s life. Without goals, one will wander aimlessly through life, haunted by the feeling of not accomplishing anything. Personal goals will steer an individual in the right direction and will help this person focus his strengths in achieving that goal. Thus, at the end of the day, this individual will have a feeling of self-accomplishment.
- Managing Tasks: Every person tackles important tasks everyday. Managing these tasks is imperative to make sure that an individual do not end up with too many things to do. In addition, managing tasks will ensure that a person do not forget any important errands or miss any deadlines.
- Prioritize: Learning to prioritize is also a good skill to complement managing tasks. Since time is very limited, it is vital that a person completes his priorities first before anything else. That way, a person gets closer to accomplishing his goals every single day. Prioritizing is simply knowing what is necessary to finish a goal and knowing what to do next.
- Utilizing the Calendar: A calendar is important to manage one’s time fully. Whether it be a desk calendar or an electronic one, it is critical that a person have one. It is also recommended, if you have multiple calendars (Outlook, mobile phone, PDA, desk calendar), that all calendars be synchronized so as not to miss anything.
- Procrastination Management: Everyone has a tendency to procrastinate and, for some, it is a feeling that is very difficult to resist. However, for one to be a successful time manager, one must learn to resist the calls of procrastination.
- Reminder Systems: A good follow-up system is necessary so old tasks or projects are not forgotten. There are new things to do each day that might need much attention and a good reminder system will definitely help manage all of these tasks.
Time management definition: Overall, time management is a skill to help an individual manage his time to accomplish his tasks, reach his goals, and still make time for himself.
#GayActivists , #GayCelebrity , #GayCommunity , #GayFashion , #GayMagazine , #GayRights